Saturday, March 22, 2008

Packing the Backpack

Author: Jam Macabanding

I love being prepared. Like Melanie Parker in “One Fine Day”, I want to be able to create a super hero costume from the contents of my purse. Or in this case, backpack. I want to be prepared for any situation. I want to have a snack available for those days when I forgot to eat as I rushed out the door. I want to have all my books, notes, and everything else I need for class. However, I need to be able to carry my backpack without pushing a wheelbarrow.

I’ve found a system that works well for me. I have a spot on the side of my work area that houses my books and supplies for school. Each night, I grab all the books and supplies I need for the following day and put them into my backpack. Since mornings are a mess, I need this packed the night before. I make sure I have everything I need. I like to pack homework that doesn’t need to be done yet – in case I find some extra time.

Technology has made things more compact, so instead of a CD player and my folder of French CDs, I have loaded them onto my iPod, saving room and weight. As you pack your backpack, look for things that you don’t need and things that you wish you had. Decide what is necessary and what can wait until you get back home.

Pack everything so you know where to find it and it is all secure. Make sure you can tote it around on your back without the need for a chiropractor at the end of the week. And if you can still fit in that extra snack, you’ll probably appreciate it later.

No comments:

Post a Comment