Friday, May 18, 2007

School Tips: Study tips for students

1. Get your study materials then start studying. If you can concentrate, then it’s good. But if you think you can’t absorb what you are studying, stop for a while maybe try some relaxing activities like listening to music and watching TV. But you have to set your mind to go on with your studying later. This way, you have set a goal.

2. As many have advised, you can use highlighters. I prefer using dermatographs because it does not stain my book. Choose a light colored one because light colors bring good energy.

3. My books serve as my notes. I summarize what I have just read at the side columns or empty spaces of my books using a pencil. Then after I am done with the page, I review them. I have observed that it helps me recall everything faster. You can also use sticky notes (Post-it) to summarize what you’ve read and paste it on the page.

4. Try using arrows and diagrams when studying. These materials aid for better recall. It is better if you write a diagram of your own based on your understanding than just merely rely on what diagram written on the book. This does not mean that you have to alter everything. Maybe you can provide more details because some books offers only a summary.

5. Put everything you need in your study table. These include all the books you might need, materials you’ll use and of course, don’t forget the snacks. biggrin.gif

6. Try wearing your uniform while studying. Believe me, this stimulates learning because psychologically you feel like you’re still in the classroom to learn. This was also attested by one of our best doctors here in our city. And he keeps on advising us this technique.

7. Sleep early and wake up at dawn. You will have a very refreshed mind and it had enough rest. Re-fueled kumbaga.

8. Try making a schedule. Yeah, in many cases this turns out useless as you can always break the schedule but at least when you go back to your study table, you know where to start. Your mind will be organized then.

No comments:

Post a Comment