Monday, January 28, 2008

Joining Fraternities/Sororities: Is it Good or Bad?



One particular question in this survey that I'd like to stress out is my comment about joining fraternity/sorority organizations. I am actually against these kinds of organizations but I am not against those joining it.

I've asked some colleagues who are members of these organizations of their major reason why they joined despite the number of deaths associated with it because of the brutal hazing and initiation that have been tagged along with fraternities. They say it's because of "security" and "friendship". Others say it's because of "sense of belonging." However, I don't find any logic with these reasons. I mean, joining fraternities is an impractical way to find friends. I could find more friends without these organizations.

One of my classmates offered me to join their sororities but I politely refused because I just don't want to be one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment